Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fixed Income Result surprised me

I was taken by surprise that I got an H in Fixed Income. Honestly, I did not studied that hard. In fact I did not studied at all for Fixed Income as my time was consumed in other subjects and activities. After finals, I was sure I will get good marks as I did all the problems correct with full confidence. But still, I was not expecting H as their are a number of people from Wall Street in my class, who had done a lot of Fixed Income and proprietary trading in their career.

Though for me it does not matter which grade I get, as I am on exchange, it is a nice surprise. At least, I do not want to be a Fixed Income securities trader on Wall Street. That to me, it is a mindless number crunching job. Though I am good at number crunching, but i want to do some meaningful job. Corporate finance seems to be most attractive field to me. It is very well connected to PE/VC sector, both of which entice me a lot.

No comments: