Friday, October 15, 2010

MBA related books at UNC

Today I went to the Davis Library and started to search a couple of good books on strategy. I was amazed by the lack of variety of books. I believe one of the reason is that the MBA students do not use the library that often at UNC as compared to CEIBS. I remember most of the people devoting most of the time during the day in library at CEIBS.

At UNC, there is a different culture. Students rarely go to the library, which is around 1km away. Also, the only library relevant to Management is Davis and that too is a general library, with only 1 section devoted to MBA. Hence, there is lack of a Management subjects oriented library.

I was looking for the Mkinsey Engagement, a very famous book by UNC alum and Professor. Still, I found some good 4 nos of books on operational strategy. Hope Kenan Flagler will some day develop their own internal library.

No comments: