Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Finally! - The day has arrived

Today was special day for me. I have been trying to convince my people that we are looming for a recession from last 1 year. On 26th December, when I convinced one of my friend that we have to go neutral, if not short, on Indian NIFTY, but the market started bouncing in late January.

Everything apart, the fundamentals have started to kick in. People are starting to note the insanity in the markets. Heads will roll for sure.

For the moment the most exciting thing to plan for are
  1. How can hedge fund short stocks of Indian companies. Someone need to take strong enough stand on some of these hidden companies. Say someone need to pledge around $50 m to short the listed bonds or ETF of any of the big Indian companies on markets outside 
  2. Which are the firms which will get bankrupt in next 3-6 months period
  3. How long will it take for the market to bottom out. 
    1. Market still seems to be bit costly at PE of 19 for a conservative person like as I don't think markets can go to 25 or stay at 25 for long. I think anything 18-20, is worth investing on sector specific market, for 20+, it has to be stock selection only
    2. Market should come in the range of a PE of 16-18, for investors like me to go full thrust. In other words, i am still waiting for 6500 level for NIFTY

So, I am keeping my fingers crossed for 6500 PE below 18-19, if it bounce more than 8500 (PE above 24), I will close everything and cry in corner and analyse, why and how I was wrong 

In between 6500-7500, will depend on lot of cues both domestic and global and new offerings. 

I will personally never invest anything above this level of PE. My ceiling is 20, for someone else, it might be 22 or 24

No comments: