Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Relty Check - Placement Statistics at CEIBS

Well I was just thinking of the figures given on the site of CIEBS. But I was corrected by alot of people and they told me two things

1. Placements are good for Chinese students for 2 reasons

A. they have faced more stif competition for admission
B they are more skilled as they are fluent abt the langauage and culture.

2. Job scene is really bad everywhere including CEIBS........

One of the current indian student wrote to me this



"
But job scene for present batch is really very bad at CEIBS.
I know many people at CEIBS who had not been placed. Till now placements are only 25% for present batch.
So you must review your opinions about CEIBS before making any decision.
But anyway job scene is pathetic everywhere throughout the world.
So it really does not matter from where you do your MBA. You are screwed up everywhere.
"

that was close to half a month back
Well the figure has now moved to 50-60 % as I have heard from other people in CEIBS now..........Perhaps the previous fellow was not aware of the offers the Chinese have recieved off campus....and outside networks.

So, 50% is the corrected figure of the placement at CEIBS as of now.........Is it good or bad ?????

I was talking to a colleague on 25th of Mar, just a day before my CEIBS admit and he told that his batch at IIMA-PGPEX is passing out on 28th of March and he along with 80% of the batch have not recieved any placement ..and he is going back to HPCL ....our parent company.......

I mean it is really very embarrasing for him as he has not come to IIMA to go back to HPCL......I really felt very bad for him..,,,The previous batch of IIMA had one of colleague from HPCL ......he got a good placement at Cairn Energy India with a very good salary........

I meant this year is a whole new paradigm......even the elite PGP of IIMA was doled out by PSU banks.....Scene at ISB is worse than this

Same is the scene at the

Global so called M7

Wharton, Harvard and columbia have a big class size and hence the biggest trouble is there as I have heard.......Can somebody throw some light on the placements at M7???????

So, considering the above scenario ....i consider the 50% figueres at CEIBS as good.....and still stands to its reputation of No1. in the no. of job offers per student....

No comments: