Thursday, February 02, 2017

5 biggest regret people have before they die

There is a very thought provoking book, I plan to read

https://www.amazon.com/Top-Five-Regrets-Dying-Transformed/dp/140194065X/

The Top Five Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing


It is really soul searching. I would perhaps like to list them myself
1.       I wish I pursued my dreams and aspirations, and not the life others expected of me
a.       Sometimes, I look back and think that I could have better pursued my dream of entrepreneurship, long back. There was no need to waste so many years, just trying to prove myself
2.       I wish I didn’t work so hard
a.       Being ambitious is perhaps a curse on life, if it overshadows me. I felt that when I was in US and was alone
b.      I made some career  decisions, where I had to ignore my family

3.       I wish I had the courage to express my feelings and speak my mind

a.       I could not resist the fear of confrontations mostly from my better half as I don’t want to destroy peace of my life

b.      I could have spoken more courageously against some of the decisions, to which I have submissively agreed, especially regarding parents and child

4.       I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends

a.       Yes, that is perhaps one of the biggest regrets

b.      I didn’t get chance to meet face to face to my closest friends for long Vishnu, navin, rajiv and many others, its horrible, if things go on like this

5.       I wish I had let myself be happier

a.       I often got confused between happiness and many other things in life

b.      Perhaps the burden of so many aims, aspirations and images, overshadowed it

Can I live without regret, Yes


1.      Vacate Space, empty mind and de-clutter life
a.       Actually with minor adjustments, things can perhaps tough in the beginning but the space will increase the degree of happiness for sure
b.      I don’t need so much money to live happily.
2.     I will avoid Procrastinate regarding
a.      Ideal and obedient child and life partner
b.     Ideal career
1.      












No comments: