Monday, May 16, 2011

What I learnt most from my MBA?

1. Structuring of my thought process - I was doing a lot of Stakeholder management in HPCL. But I was doing it based on my intuition. During my MBA, I learnt how to identify relevant stakeholders, prioritize them and map their actions based on incentives.

2. Holistic View - I used to see business as marketing and sales in Silos, but I learnt in my MBA that they are just a tiny cog in the whole business dynamics, which involves a lot of interactions between various business functions. For Example, Finance is an important consideration for designing marketing strategy to fix margins and potential investments

3. Global View - My international colleagues and my Exchange provided me an opportunity to gain view of the world as a whole. I was able to appreciate the impact of the financial crisis in Europe, by seeing their state welfare programs. On business front also, I was able to appreciate why Germans are so competitive that rest of Europe- It is the presence of the unions on the secondary board of companies.

No comments: