Thursday, June 04, 2009

Delhi Police

I was nabbed by the Delhi Traffic Police Patrol Car near the Kashmiri gate turn. This was a full team else they would have negotiated. My Rs. 1000 fine is really pinching me much for the strictnes of the rules. But then there is a story for Delhi Police to be that strict. Fed up with having to keep their eyes perpetually trained on vehicles through the speed guns, and exasperated with the growing number of traffic pile-ups on the city roads, the traffic police has recommended a Traffic Restriction Technique to the government.

Its agenda: get as many vehicles as possible off the road, push up traffic fines manifold and increase parking rates. In short, anything to ensure that the number of vehicles on the choked roads goes down and the traffic offenders face problems in dishing out fines.

Next time I better keep my self away from my mobile while driving. 1000 Rupees is really a handsome amount to keep me disciplined.

No comments: