Sunday, April 24, 2005

Joined HPCL

I joined Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. today. There have been a lot of trade offs with me.

I am gaining
1. Brand Name of HPCL-F500 PSU
2. Profile of Area Officer - Really dynamic profile as people have told me ( Albiet I was expecting Refineries placement, given my experience with CPCL - SRU & VBU)


At the same time I am loosing a lot of things
1. My cool job at BEL- Development and Engineering at a heavenly cool location of Kotdwara ( Really heaven for a nature lover and trekker like me)
2. My preperations - I had already cleared the written exams of IES (Indian Engineering Services for Mechanical Engineering). I was confident that I will get the Railways Cadre in next attempt.
3. My ONGC Exam - I have shifteed my ONGC exam to Mumbai from Delhi. But alas, the date is today itself.
4. My chances of making difference in my family businesss. - Once, i am away i will move away from the initiatives which i have taken at my family business.

So, its a lot of gives and takes for me .....................

But, I came with my decision to join HPCL with a lot of convictions .................GOD HAVE YOUR GRACE ON THIS INNOCENT CHILD OF YOURS......

No comments: